- This event has passed.
Tom McCook – Balance The Pelvis, Legs and Feet with the Franklin Method and Pilates
February 1, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday, February, 1, 2020, 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
Take a deep dive into the amazing human design to gain valuable insight for your health, teaching and movement practice. In this 6-hour workshop you will gain experiential knowledge and practical understanding of the dynamic relationship between the pelvis, legs and feet in movement to support lifelong well being.
Humans have the unique design of having a mobile pelvis, which creates 3D force absorption for efficient movement on two legs. Through, imagery, touch, interactive lecture and movement learn how to improve function, fitness and efficient movement potential.
We will combine the Franklin Lesson with conditioning exercises with Franklin balls, the Pilates Reformer, Chair and Wall Unit. Learn to improve your teaching skills and get the most benefit from your movement practice!
- Demonstrate and teach the dynamic relationship of the pelvis, legs and feet in hip flexion and extension for optimal alignment, movement efficiency and health using imagery and touch.
- Learn and understand the mechanics of the foot using anatomical models and touch, how it dynamically moves and how the foot is constantly transitioning from a foundation structure to a lever.
- Embody, understand and practice teaching the relationships of the pelvis, legs and feet and muscular action for improved alignment, strength, flexibility, balance and optimal movement efficiency.
- 1-Day (either Saturday OR Sunday) $240
- 2-Day (both Saturday and Sunday) $425