- This event has passed.
Tom McCook – Gait: Improving What We Do Most Through Our Work on the Mat
February 2 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday, February 2, 2020, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Three Dimensional Joint Mobility and Myofascial Loading for Gait with Pilates Mat!
As our understanding of the incredible intelligence of the human body expands, new insights and more accurate modeling can be used to better direct our movement training. Based on the Anatomy in Motion model from creator Gary Ward, this workshop will guide you in exploring new concepts in improving gait while using the Franklin Method to enhance our embodiment and understanding in movement.
In this 3-hour workshop you’ll explore and practice:
- How to incorporate these concepts into Pilates Mat exercises and cueing.
- How the joints move in all 3 planes multiple times in the gait cycle and how to put movement back in where it’s been lost.
- How the pelvis, spine, ribcage and head move in relationship to each other during the gait cycle and how to practice these movements in all 3 planes.
- Why the myofascial system needs to lengthen before it can shorten.
- How to load muscles and fascia as they lengthen to improve function, dynamic alignment and relate it back to the feet, the kinetic chain and gait cycle.
- The counter rotations between the spine and pelvis in gait and how to include them in Pilates Mat work.
- How to give the brain the opportunity to register a different choice while standing and reinforcing this new feedback.
- The relationship with the feet, pelvis and spine in hip flexion, extension and gait.
- 1-Day (either Saturday OR Sunday) $240
- 2-Day (both Saturday and Sunday) $425