- This event has passed.
Tom McCook – Strength, Ease and Balance in the Shoulder Girdle, Neck & Thorax
February 2 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sunday, February 2, 2020, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Combining the Franklin Method And Pilates Repertoire
Experience, understand and teach optimum function using the Pilates repertoire and the Franklin method for health and performance in this 3-hour workshop. You will learn through touch, movement and interactive lecture, the bone and muscle relationships of the shoulder girdle, cervical and thoracic spine for tension release, postural improvements, strength, flexibility and more efficient organized movement. We will combine the lessons with related Pilates repertoire and corrective exercises of the Mat, Reformer, Tower and Chair for a dynamic learning experience.
- To teach experiential anatomy in a Pilates session for optimal learning and performance.
- To improve cuing and assessment skills through improved understanding of function.
- To refine and practice cuing that matches the human design.
- Teach exercise progressions on the Reformer Tower, Chair, and Mat with greater skill.
- To use imagery, concentration and understanding of function to support health.
- To improve each participants personal practice and well-being.
- 1-Day (either Saturday OR Sunday) $240
- 2-Day (both Saturday and Sunday) $425